P&H ARIES – A PLAYFUL, PERFORMANCE SEA KAYAK
The P&H Aries 155 Sea Kayak – Playful Elegance
Sea Kayak Carolina was excited to be the first in the U.S. to put the new kayaks from P&H — the Cetus HV and the all new Aries 155 — on the water at the East Coast Canoe and Kayak Festival in April 2010. And we're pleased to have these boats available today.
›› Check out the P&H boats currently in stock at Sea Kayak Carolina
The Aries 155
The Aries is the composite cousin to the rotomolded Delphin introduced by P&H in 2010. These two models turn traditional sea kayak design on its head and challenges many preconceived ideas of how sea kayaks should look and behave. The cockpit has been move backwards and the stern squared off so the bow just kisses the water while, when paddling, the stern engages and aids tracking. This is a shorter, lighter and more playful design for P&H — The Aries, like the Delphin, is designed to carve, change direction and generally spin on a dime while still having the poise and presence to serve as an excellent light touring boat.
The Aries takes all of these dramatic design features seen in the Delphin and refines them for composite material systems and for the lower impact environment where composite kayaks excel. Hard chines and a pronounced deck are smoothed, producing a very forgiving and speedy - as well as lighter weight - kayak.
The Aries is perfect for anyone looking for a versatile, lightweight and stable kayak to explore the coast line and will excite those looking for a kayak to trip out to tide races to play the sea. The Aries will serve well for the day paddler — and those that weekend from their kayak will not be disappointed.
“This ... creates a kayak that paddles like a traditional sea kayak on flat water with enough speed to keep up with the pack but transforms into a new genre of free-ride sea kayak when it hits moving water, coming alive in tide races, over falls and surging water.”
— P&H Design Notes
The P&H Aries 155 Specs.
- Rocker - Creates super maneuverability when surfing and prevents purling
- Quick Resurfacing Bow - Splits and sheds water preventing nose burying on steep waves and helps punch through waves on way through surf
- Hard Chines in the Bow - Direct water onto planing surface and bow allowing for a super-fast pick up on the wave, or when angled, breaking in and out.
- Planing surface and smooth chines - Forgiving for beginners and when surfing
- Flat Midsection Hull - The most maneuverable sea kayak on the market, spins like a white water kayak to get you out of those sticky situations like crossing fast flowing races
- Width around cockpit - Stable for beginners
- Stern - Squared off to increase water length, speed and tracking
- Rear weighting - Creates a long water line when paddling on flat water for speed and tracking
- Large rear and fore hatch - Lots of day tripping storage
- Low back deck and cockpit - Easy to roll when the wave wins
- Deck Pod - access your essentials on the move
- Skeg - aids tracking capabilities in cross winds
- Rudder ready - an optional extra beginners will love, easy to control and confidence inspiring
Max. Width: 22.5"
Max Deck Height: 13"
Volume: 76 gal.
Material: Composite Fiberglass
Optimum Total Load (approx.): 143-275 lbs
Now at Sea Kayak Carolina
Learn more —
›› Visit the official P&H Aries page
Design Notes —